zondag 21 november 2010

Work life balance

How to raise your children? A question that is utterly important when you’re becoming mother/father. Nowadays, we have more opportunities, choices and demand upon us than ever before. You can choose for example to send your kids to boarding school, as Annelies mentioned, or make the choice to give up your professional career and stay home for the kids. Of course money is a very important part of the decision sometimes. When you're a single parent, giving up your job is out of the question. That’s why work-life balance is just so essential in our daily life. 
 Although our work environment has changed dramatically in the 21th century, you still need to balance your life. 

As I reflect on the relationship between parents and children, I think that a clear distinction needs to be made. When work and family life are continuously mixed, problems usually will follow. For example when one parent needs to travel a lot for work, the other one should be there for the children. As my father travels frequently for work, my mother stays at home to take care of me and my two brothers. 


Pauline Opdebeeck



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten